Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My How Time Flies

That's a lie.  It's actually been a cold winter and the days until warmer weather feels like they are dragging.  However, it doesn't seem possible that it's been over a month since I've blogged.  Well here I am.  I do have a good excuse, but that's a whole different entry.

In exciting news, our trip is fast approaching.  I'm giddy with excitement over the thought of toasty temps and an excuse to by a few new clothes and get a pedicure.  I have to make final payment on our trip in a few days and I'm still not committed to the dining plan.  We have great ADRs and should we keep them all and arrive with a hearty appetite then the plan would be a good call.  However, it's hard to say how hungry I'll be and the idea of dessert with each mean doesn't appeal to me.  Yes, I realize I don't NEED to order/eat dessert, but I would.  

We took my parents to Disney a couple of years ago and purchased the meal plan for them.  My dad approached meal choices much like "The Price is Right."  He would open the menu.  His eyes would scroll up and down the menu and focus in on the highest price tag.  He wouldn't even look at the food column, just the price column.  It didn't matter what the meal was.  It didn't matter if he could pronounce it.  Luckily, the man has no known food allergies because that would not deter him.  He loved seeing the high tab on the receipt.  

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  While I'm not quite at that extreme, I do think I would feel obligated to order a drink instead of water and a dessert even if I'm full.

My plan is to pay the balance of the trip and think about the dining plan for a few more weeks.  I'm going to have hubby look at the menus and see what he might order and do some number crunching.  Rocket science is easier.

No comments: