Monday, January 26, 2009

Let's Get Going and Fix It Right


Twist and Turn

Make It Tight

That song runs on a continuous loop through my head.  The boy's latest obsession is Handy Manny.  Manny has taken the premiere spot by defeating the former #1s: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Imagination Movers and the Wiggles.

It's actually quite cute.  The boy goes into his tool bench and gathers each of the tools Manny owns to keep him company while watching.  

The downside is that the boy thinks he can now speak Spanish.  Not only is it not Spanish, but it isn't even the Spanglish that Manny speaks.  Instead he just makes up random words, but stringing a bunch of letters together.  He will then argue with me if I try to correct him.  For example:

the boy: Mommy, Do you want to make a "frooty da tooty bah frooty?"

me: A what?

the boy: (speaking louder and more slowly as most typically do to foreigners who are not versed in their native tongue) A FROO-TY-DA-TOO-TY-BAH-FROO-TY!..It's Spanish for book.

me: Actually libro is the Spanish word for book.

the boy: No it's not.

I was about to lecture him on how I know because I took Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 (or uno and dos) in middle school, but he was too busy telling me that "bah-da-bing-bing-bang" means baby wipe in Spanish to listen to me and my many pearls of wisdom.

We'll be spending a day...well, most likely a morning...at Hollywood Studios and I need to formulate a plan of attack to make sure we see both Manny and McQueen without wasting too much time.  I can't wait until he's old enough to enjoy the finer things in life like Tower of Terror.  

No comments: