Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blizzard Beach

Blizzard Beach is an oxymoron.  It is also a water park in Disney.

It's snowing outside my window.

Again.

I wish I was at the beach.

I wouldn't mind the snowy scene here if the temps were in the 80s and there was a lazy river surrounding my snow-covered driveway that needs to be shoveled.

Again.

Alas, only the magic that is Disney can create such a place.  And I very much am looking forward to spending a day there.  Until last spring I hadn't been to a water park in about a decade.  Perhaps it was the lack of access to one.  Perhaps it was the million and one stairs to climb.  Perhaps it was the fact that you need to wear a swimsuit in public.

Either way, it had been awhile.  We enjoyed our time there so much last year that we went back the next day too.  I really prefer the shade and theming of Typhoon Lagoon, but this year I've planned an afternoon at both TL and BB for us.  

The Boy really enjoyed the kiddie area (Ketchakiddie Creek) and we really enjoyed watching him splash, slide and tube in ankle deep water.  My goal for this year is to take some fun photos at Blizzard Beach to use as a Christmas card.

Of course I won't be in them because nothing says Happy Holidays quite like a photo of a pastey-white mom in a swimsuit.

No comments: