Saturday, January 17, 2009

You Are Now Free to Fly About the Country

for less money.

Bonus!

It pays to be a bit of an insomniac.

I will randomly wake up between 1:30 and 4:30 a.m.  So I just start my day.  At first I was concerned about the lack of sleep, but I now find that I actually enjoy the quiet alone time.

I was sitting here pondering rather my habitually being awake at 2:15 a.m. makes me a night owl or a morning person and deciding how I will spend the wee hours of this chilly January evening.  I decided to check into my flights and see if the price had gone up or down.

Amazingly (maybe it is the economy or perhaps it was the fact that people just learned that birds can take down a plane and are hesitant to fly) the price actually dropped.

By $60.00.

Per Person.

Of course I am excited, but I've played this game before.  I didn't just save $180.00, but instead just lost another $1000.00 plus.

You see the $180.00 is not being credited back to my card, but is instead being held by the folks at Southwest Airlines for a future flight to be used within the year.

So my excitement over my savings will translate into me then applying that to another flight...and paying the difference in airfare....and adding on a hotel...and car rental...and meals...and...well, you get the idea.

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  For now I will simply say: Cha-Ching!

No comments: