Monday, January 19, 2009

The Early Bird Gets the ADR

I have not felt such redialing excitement since I tried to win Duran Duran concert tickets in 8th grade.  As 7 a.m. drew near I gave my itinerary one last glance.  I had carefully picked out my park days based on crowd levels and had coordinated my desired dining plans accordingly.  The reality is we are going school vacation week and the crowd levels will be super high, but I'm hoping to hit the least crowded of the insanely overcrowded parks.  

We have never booked a trip more than 5 months out and certainly never made ADRs at the 180 day mark.  Last year I came close to selling my sole to get a table for Chef Mickey's.  I'm used to the ADRs being picked over and having to choose between a 10 p.m seating at Boatwrights and a foodcourt pizza.  Today was different.

I had my A list of ressies, my B list of ressies and my list of places I will dine if all else fails.  I had been thinking positive thoughts for the past few weeks when I realized the 90 day mark fell on a holiday and I would be home to make the call.  What I hadn't thought about was the fact that you can make reservations for 10 days after your checkin date.  That little tidbit of info hit me yesterday and I instantly convinced myself that someone checking in days before us would steal my coveted meal times.  

Truthfully, we have not yet booked the dining plan and there were only two meals I just HAD to have so it wasn't as if there was a lot riding on this in reality.  However, I am a planner and I am competitive and this type of thing brings them both together.  You would have thought I had won the lottery after that call.

I'm sure you've all been at the edge of your seat since yesterday and have been pressing the refresh button continuously just dying to know where I will be eating.  Wait no more.  Our culinary tour is as follows:

Breakfasts:
Crystal Palace 
Tusker House

Dinners:
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Le Cellier
Chefs de France
Tutto Italia
Teppan Edo
Cape May Cafe

I'm thinking of tweaking it a tad and adding Spoodles or Narcoosee's, but for now there you have it.

No comments: