Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Aw Shucks!

Typically I am bummed to find an attraction is "closed for my future enjoyment."  Let's see...during our stay at Port Orleans Riverside the food court was closed (for my future enjoyment).  Last spring the pool, hottub and kiddie pool (did I mention I have a 3 year old) was closed (for my future enjoyment).   We had a very close call last December when the Tea Cups closed for refurbishment, but luckily it was on the day we were flying home and the 3 year old had already rotated to his heart's content.

So far there is only one attraction listed as being closed during our next trip.

The Hall of Presidents.

or as I like to call it "The Torture Chamber."  I coined that name back in the late 80s around the same time I trudged through EPCOT chanting "BOOOORRRIIINNNGGG!" (If you ever want to hear just "how damn much a trip to Disney costs" then I highly suggest doing that in front of your father for several consecutive days in the hot Florida sun).

Anyhow, The Hall of Presidents is closed and I am delighted.  My husband LOVES these types of things and I am running out of excuses to avoid them.  

Disney can revamp a tired old foodcourt in a week and transform a pool into a Pirate Ship in a relatively short amount of time.  I'm not sure why it will take the better portion of a year to create an animatronic Obama, but far be it from me to complain.

No comments: