Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh, It's a Jolly Holiday With...


...this guy.

I'm not British so I technically shouldn't be allowed to say "holiday" and it was more lazy than jolly, but it was delightful all the same.

I think the boy and I are both getting a little too used to our life of leisure and wi
ll be in for a rude awakening when we return to our respective classrooms next week (me in front 3rd graders and him rocking the preschool scene).  Today we played an estimated 53 rounds of Guess Who, constructed an unidentifiable (but impressively large) Tinker Toy structure and  watched Mary Poppins...again.

We rented the movie a few weeks ago.  I was in search of some harmless entertainment, but wasn't sure how it would be received.  It had been at least 2 decades since I had seen it and I didn't know if it could compete with animated talking motor vehicles in search of a Piston Cup.  Much to my surprise it did.

He loved it and was devastated when the local video store called to tell us they wanted Mary (and the late fees that she accumulated) back.  Luckily, Grammy bought him his very own DVD for Christmas.  If you have young kiddos I highly recommend this one.  The music is great.  I forgot how many songs came from it.

Incidentally, I bought the hat in the photo above at Gymboree.  It was a complete impulse buy.  It was impractical and overpriced.  He hated it and refused to wear it.  That was of course until he realized that it made him look like a chimney sweep and now it 
is his accessory of choice.

No comments: