Sunday, December 28, 2008

Samantha Brown vs. Me

This is Samantha Brown.  She is the blond. I am not.  She is perky.  The closest I come to ever being described as perky is post-Starbucks venti beverage, but even then I would classify my persona more as wired than perky.  Still there are similarities.  She is from the Northeast and so am I.  She has things she loves about Disney and so do I.

After viewing her Travel Channel special which highlighted her favorite Disney things, I decided to compare and contrast them to my own.  Below are the categories selected for the show and the Samantha Brown vs. Me selections:

#1 Favorite Ride
Sam: Tower of Terror
Me: Tower of Terror

#2 Favorite Character Interaction
Sam: Turtle Talk with Crush
Me: Chef Mickey's

Let's be honest.  My choice not only has character interaction, but also waffles.  Clearly I am correct on this one.  Think about it.  There is an entire section devoted to desserts...at 7 a.m.  Sorry Crush, but that is totally awesome dude!

#4 Parade
Sam: Parade of Dreams
Me: Trick question because I don't like parades.

I suppose if I had to pick a favorite parade I would go with the Christmas parade which is televised on ABC.  I don't have to stand shoulder to shoulder in the hot sun knowing that my time would be better spent enjoying shorter ride lines.  Instead I can enjoy the fun little floats from the comfort of my oversized sofa and through the magic of Tivo fast forward right through Regis Philbin.

#5 Favorite Way to Beat the Lines
Sam: The Single Rider Line
Me: Early Morning ADRs in the park

Sam suggests you get into the singe rider line.  This guarantees you a shorter wait, however you must then ride with a stranger.  I'm funny about this.  I won't go to the movies by myself.   My tip is to make an early ADR for before the park opens.  You can get some great pictures and be well ahead of the crowds at rope drop.  So perhaps you may not want to dine with the princesses and perhaps you are not sure how to pronounce Akershaus when calling for a reservation, but it sure does beat waiting in lines.

#6 Character Tip

#7 Adult Drink
Sam: Grand Marnier Slush from the France Pavilion in EPCOT
Me: Yes please.

Sam is not traveling with children.  She has the ability to take a leisurely stroll through the World Showcase, wait in a line and pay $8.00 for a lovely frozen beverage.  I fall into the camp of people who spent the day waiting in 45 minute intervals for action packed rides on Dumbo and Peter Pan.  Any adult beverage is welcome.





No comments: