Saturday, December 6, 2008

Remy I am Not



Hubby has been working late all week so the boy and I have enjoyed dinner for 2 each night. The boy had been requesting crepes for dinner. This was a great idea for two reasons: 1. They are cheap. 2. They can be cooked on TOP of the stove and since our stove suffered an ill fate on Thanksgiving I've had to do some creative cooking.
The problem was that this is hubby's specialty and I have never before attempted to make crepes. Also, I can't even flip a pancake with minimal success.
The boy scurried around the kitchen gathering ingredients. It seemed he had store the recipe inside his 3 year old brain. This was a good thing because hubby's recipe (handwritten by my MIL) appeared to lack some details. What it did include was words like "dash" and a "sprinkle."

So with the coaching of the boy ("That's not the bowl daddy uses"..."That's not the pan daddy uses.") I did the best I could.

Mmmm...tell me this shouldn't be offered at Chefs de France:










I must say that my last attempt was an actual thing of beauty.

No comments: