Thursday, December 4, 2008

Well, if you insist...

As I mentioned in my "No Room at the Inn" post, reservations at any Disney resort are hard to come by for the week we must travel. We had been offered the Honeymoon Suite at the Wilderness Lodge. Had to pass.

I called back hoping that the Caribbean Beach Resort was available. We stayed there last April and loved it. The problem being that the main pool was closed for a major makeover. I wanted to reap the benefits of said makeover and was looking forward to a return stay this year. Nope.

Booked.

Entirely.

Not a room, villa, suite or janitor's closet with a sleeping bag to be had.

I tried later that night. Alas, there was one vacancy...at the Beach Club.

It was more than I wanted to spend, but not all that much more than I would have been paying for the Caribbean Beach had the 4/3 promo not been offered. Don't you just love how I justify the expense.

I've toured the Beach Club. We once had breakfast at the Cape May Cafe and the pool (aka Stormalong Bay) looks way too fun. I also love the location. We are early birds who love to get up and stroll with a coffee. The location for that is ideal.

When I initially booked it I figured I would just secure a room and call back in hopes of a moderate opening up. However, I'm excited about trying a new resort and so me thinks that I will stop obsessing.

No comments: